Houston, traded from Port Adelaide at the end of last year, missed the Magpies' season opener while serving a five-match ban for a brutal bump on Adelaide's Izak Rankine.
And the All-Australian defender found himself in further trouble over his high contact with Fogarty during Collingwood's 8.15 (63) to 6.10 (46) win at the MCG on Thursday night.
"I don't think there's anything in it."— AFL (@AFL) April 3, 2025Dan Houston addresses the incident involving Lachie Fogarty.#AFLPiesBlues pic.twitter.com/B712tmHGEe
In his third game with the Magpies, Houston left the ground and connected with a forearm to Fogarty's head as the ball bounced over the players.
Fortunately for both of them, the Blues forward was not seriously hurt and played out the match.
But the AFL match review officer on Friday charged Houston with rough conduct over the latest incident, which was graded careless conduct, high impact and contact.
Houston felt there was nothing untoward in his actions.
"I thought I had fair play on the ball and obviously I've gone to protect myself and those things happen," he told Seven post-match.
"I didn't actually realise it happened ... I was fully focused on the team.
"I think it's such a hard game to play, and especially behind the ball you've got to make those split-second decisions when you see the ball coming at you.
"He was in front of me and, yeah, I don't think there's anything in it."
Houston's latest incident has drawn some comparisons with Tom Lynch's bump on Carlton's Tom De Koning in round one, which earned the Richmond star a one-match ban.
Houston (23 disposals) was one of Collingwood's best against the Blues, showcasing his elite kicking skills in wet and windy conditions.
The 27-year-old is an important figure for the Magpies, who face tough interstate assignments against last year's grand finalists over the next fortnight.
They take on Sydney in Adelaide during Gather Round before meeting Brisbane at the Gabba in round six.
Collingwood coach Craig McRae didn't want to comment on the Houston-Fogarty incident when asked about it during his post-match press conference.
"I haven't seen it, so I can't comment. I'd be saying things I've got no comment on," McRae said.
"But I hope the young lad's okay. Was it Fogarty, was it? Yeah, so I hope that he's ok and has no ill-effects from that contest.
"But no, I haven't seen it to comment."
Carlton captain Patrick Cripps ($1875) and fellow midfielder George Hewett ($3125) can both accept fines for careless contact with umpires.
There were no sanctions handed out over a quarter-time melee, which erupted after Collingwood superstar Nick Daicos and Blues on-baller Sam Walsh tangled on the wing.